If you spent countless hours in front of the TV watching cartoons every Saturday, it was bound to have an effect on the way you see the world. Speed like Road Runner? Dad, new L.A. Lights please! Pull off crazy hi-jinks like Wile E. Coyote? Where's the duck tape and dynamite, ma?! Be BFFs with Bugs Bunny? You've already got the same sense of humor!
Eventually, you stepped back for a second, after being grounded for whatever shenanigans you tried to pull, and realized that they're just cartoons. But then came 1996's Space Jam, a live-action/animation hybrid starring Michael Jordan and Bill Murray, and all your dreams were awakened again. When you're six years old, you've got no concept of movie magic. Which is why you couldn't help but let your imagination run wild.
In honor of Michael Jordan's 51st birthday, here are 10 irrational thoughts Space Jam had you believing as a kid.
1. There's an alternative reality accessible through a hole in the ground (making you spend countless hours trying to get inside ant hills):
2. If a dramatic moment called for it, you'd be able to stretch your arm out by sheer willpower:
3. Moron Mountain exists, and you keep trying to chuck your sibling over there:
4. You can spit-shine everything:
5. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck can easily break into your house (so you stay awake waiting for them):
6. You want to date an animated character:
7. Talking shit will get you stripped of your motor skills:
8. Bill Murray is good enough to play in the NBA:
9. You can be even lighter than white:
10. You can beat Charles Barkley in a pick-up game: