Walter Serpit is a man with his priorities in order. The Columbus, Ga. man was inside of a house with five other adults and children when a firewhich was caused by a new water heaterbroke out on Thursday. Luckily, everyone made it out safely, but Serpit realized he had forgotten something: his precious beer. 

"I went back into the house like a dummy," he told explained. "I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out," he added. He managed to save several cans and did without sustaining any injuries.

Mission accomplished, but this is still very, very sad.

[via Gawker]