By now I'm guessing that a lot of you hardcore Final Fantasy fans or general video game music fans may have picked up Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy on the 3DS.
Theatrhythm is the first 3DS title in the US to take advantage of the console's capacity to sell DLC, and it's doing so in a big way. Like many music/rthythm games, they're releasing new tracks for players to download, because you never know what obscure theme might be the one piece of Final Fantasy music that you can't live without.
July's DLC offerings are pretty impressive - There are four new tracks coming each week for the rest of the month. The most exciting on the list by far is "Somnus", a track from ever-distant FF side story, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which is available starting today.
Similarly, the first track from Final Fantasy XIII-2, "Etro's Champion", is also coming to the game this later month.
Here's the full list of Theatrhytm DLC, for your purchase-mapping pleasure:
July 12, 2012:
- “Somnus” (FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII)
- “Desperate Struggle” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
- “Sarutabaruta” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- “Battle” (FINAL FANTASY VI)
July 19, 2012:
- “Fight On!” (FINAL FANTASY VII)
- “Etro’s Champion” (FINAL FANTASY XIII-2)
- “Battle Theme” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- “Battle 1” (FINAL FANTASY III)
July 26, 2012:
- “A contest of Aeons” (FINAL FANTASY X)
- “The Archylte Steppe” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
- “The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- “Crystal Cave” (FINAL FANTASY III)
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy will be getting almost 50 DLC tracks in Japan, so I'm guessing this isn't the last time we'll be hearing about this.