Monday, Gambino announced the month-long trek that's set to begin Sept. 6 at Atlanta's Infinite Energy Arena. Tickets for the tour, which marks a partnership between Live Nation and Glover's own Wolf + Rothstein, will be available to the general public this Friday at noon local time. See the full list of announced dates, all of which you should attend no matter the cost, below:
- Thu Sep 06 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
- Sat Sep 08 Chicago, IL United Center
- Mon Sep 10 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
- Wed Sep 12 Boston, MA TD Garden
- Fri Sep 14 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
- Tue Sep 18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- Wed Sep 19 Washington DC Capital One Arena
- Sat Sep 22 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- Sun Sep 23 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
- Wed Sept 26 Los Angeles, CA The Forum
- Thu Sept 27 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
- Sat Sept 29 Seattle, WA KeyArena
- Sun Sep 30 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
In January, Wolf + Rothstein and Gambino—who bagged a Grammy for his ubiquitous Awaken, My Love! single "Redbone"—inked a deal with RCA Records for what is being described as the "next phase" of Donald Glover's musical moniker. "It was a necessary change of pace," he said of the deal, which follows a run of Glassnote releases including the screenplay-assisted 2013 album Because the Internet.
Though there has been some confusion among the pit of perpetually perplexed publications, Glover is indeed still planning to off the Gambino moniker sooner than later. After bagging that aforementioned Grammy for "Redbone" in January, Glover told reporters that he stood by his previous Gambino retirement vows. In fact, Glover said, "a lot of things" on this planet would be much better if they were bound by death clauses. "I think endings are good because they force things to get better," he said.
Following the just-announced tour, Gambino will bring his PHAROS experience to New Zealand for a trio of dates in November.