Poor Consi Taylor. The 29-year-old London native thought the white spots on the banana she was about to eat were mold. No, they were just dozens of hatching Brazilian wandering spiders, which Guinness calls the most toxic spider in the world.
That's enough to scar a grown woman for life. Oh, wait.
Anyway, Taylor tried to return the bananas to the Sainsbury's supermarket where she purchased them, only to be offered the American equivalent of $16. Meanwhile, pest control experts ordered her husband and two children out of their home after she sent them a picture of the spider.
Sainsbury's offered to cover the cost of the extermination process and hotel where the family was forced to stay at in the interim. It's the least they can do.