"No New York City conversation is complete without Supreme," Kim Jones, style director for LV's menswear, said in a press release on Thursday. "We might say no menswear conversation period can really be complete in 2017 without mentioning Supreme, and this Louis Vuitton collab further cements the brand's ability to blur the true definition of 'luxury.'"
The collab debuted as part of LV's 2017 Fall/Winter show in Paris on Thursday. The partnership will include a box logo t-shirt, a skate deck equipped with an LV Trunk, bags, and much more. It will be available on July 17.
Usher, understandably, was stoked about the ordeal. "I was just talking to my friend about the idea of how things come around," he told Vogue at the Paris show. "Because many years ago Supreme was given a cease-and-desist [by Louis Vuitton]. Now to see them collaborate is cool . . . You gotta stay focused on the kids."
David Beckham, who was seated near the legend Kate Moss, confirmed the "kids" mantra. "I have seen some of the Supreme stuff they've done with Kim and Vuitton and it's amazing," he said. "Supreme is a label my kids are really into."
Shortly after the big confirmation, Travis Scott flexed a few pieces on Instagram:
The official Supreme Instagram also shared a few glimpses at the collab:
An early items list, per High Snobiety, lists the following products:
- Red epi zippy wallet
- Black epi bum bag
- Tan leather cowhide charm on silver wallet chain
- Black epi wallet
- Black epi card holder
- Brown monogram hankerchief
- Red epi trousse toilette
- Red epi backpack
- Gold bottle opener on silver bead keychain
- Red epi bum bag
- Red epi danube messenger bag
- Indigo washed monogram barn jacket
- Red and white handkerchief
- Indigo washed monogram jeans jacket
- Monogram silver and red badges
- Silver bottle opener on silver wallet chain
- Red epi charm
- Gold dice holder on silver wallet chain
- Khaki camo denim jacket
- Khaki camo carpenter pants
- Khaki camo keepall and bum bag
- Brown wool scarf
- Monogram penknife on silver wallet chain
The release strategy for the collab may include pop-up shops, according to GQ. So get your wallet in order ASAP.