While the holidays might be synonymous with buying new clothes, this Black Friday outerwear company Patagonia is partnering with Yerdle to encourage people to recycle their goods instead. Through a new partnership with clothing app Yerdle, Patagonia is presenting a new iteration of its second-hand clothing exchange program, Worn Wear.
Yerdle provides a simple way for people to put goods back into circulation and avoid buying new ones by allowing users to give away things they no longer need in exchange for Yerdle credits. As part of the partnership launch, Patagonia is hosting Worn Wear Swap events around the country that will allow customers to bring in their used Patagonia clothing and swap it for something off the rack. If you can’t find anything you like, you can exchange your clothing for Yerdle credits. The events will be happening at the following locations this Black Friday, Nov, 28:
- Boston (346 Newbury Street)
- Cardiff (2185 San Elijo Avenue)
- Chicago – Lincoln Park (1800 N. Clybourn Avenue)
- Denver (1431 15th Street)
- New York City – Bowery (313 Bowery)
- Portland (907 NW Irving Street)
- San Francisco (770 North Point)
- Santa Monica (1344 4th Street)
For more information check the official Facebook event here.