The Green Bay Packers have lost three straight games since the bye week, falling to second place in the NFC North, behind the 7-2 Minnesota Vikings. Now, Packers fans want answers for their recent decline. So, who should receive the brunt of the blame?
The receiving corps which hasn't played up to par since Jordy Nelson's season-ending injury in the preseason? The lack of a running game, thanks to Eddie Lacy, who is averaging just 3.7 yards per carry and in danger of not eclipsing the 1,000-yard mark for the season? The Packers' defense which is giving up the 10th most yards per game (371.6)?
While we could see it for any one of these aforementioned reasons, some Packers fans are directing the blame at Aaron Rodgers' girlfriend Olivia Munn. because, in a down year without all of his weapons, the Green Bay quarterback is only fifth in the league in QB rating.
In a recent article titled "Five reasons why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is struggling," ESPN's Rob Demovsky pointed the finger at Munn.
A longtime NFL agent told me recently that when he sees one of his top-performing clients play differently, as Rodgers has of late, the first thing he wonders is if something is going on in his personal life. There’s no indication that Rodgers’ relationship status has changed. Lions reporters said they spotted Rodgers’ girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn, at Lambeau Field on Sunday. Sometimes it's easy to forget that professional athletes have lives away from the field, and you never know what could be going on in their personal lives.
How about this for five reasons Rodgers is struggling:
1) the defense has been giving the Packers' offense an uphill battle, giving up 37 points to the Carolina Panthers and 29 points to the Denver Broncos and the shell of his former self quarterback, Peyton Manning.
2) the running game has played so poorly that opposing teams are selling out to stop the pass and not worrying about Lacy and/or James Starks.
3) Neither Davante Adams or Randall Cobb have been able to fill Jordy's role on the receiving corps.
4) the offensive line hasn't consistently kept the pocket clean for Rodgers, allowing him to get sacked 22 times, eighth-most in the league.
5) Rodgers has played against two (Panthers, Broncos) top five defenses the last three weeks.
No, it's somehow gotta be Olivia Munn's fault, right? C'mon, guys.
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to email@example.com
[via FOX Sports]