Thanks to the racist rant that he went on in the middle of a sex tape a few years back, Hulk Hogan’s reputation is pretty much shot right now. The WWE cut ties with him, and he's probably not going to be able to make much money in the near future. But fortunately for him, we’re going to go out on a limb and guess that his bank account is still filled to the brim.
Hogan lost a bunch of his earnings in 2009 during his divorce from his ex-wife Linda. But a copy of his 1998 WCW contract was posted on Reddit this week and, as you’d probably guess, it shows that Hogan was making a ton of money back in the late 1990s. Here are some of the craziest dollar amounts in the contract:
- Hogan was paid a $2 million bonus simply for signing the contract.
- Hogan was given 25 percent of the ticket revenue made during any Nitro or Thunder event that he participated in, with his minimum cut being $25,000.
- Hogan was paid $20,000 (every month!) for being associated with nWo.
- Hogan was handed 15 percent of PPV sales for all PPV events that he took part in, with $675,000 being the minimum amount he would collect.
- Hogan was set up to receive 50 percent of the profits that WCW made for selling any merchandise directly related to him.
You can check out the entire contract here. We can’t say we’re really surprised by any of this, but it’s crazy to see how much WCW was willing to shell out to Hogan to keep him locked up under contract for a single year.
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to email@example.com.