As we just told you, today is the 15th anniversary of Kobe Bryant's, er, "classic" fight with Knicks player Chris Childs. And while Kobe's probably not celebrating it, he does have one other thing to celebrate today.
A company called Wealth-X that describes itself as "the global authority on wealth intelligence" just released their list of the ten richest players in the NBA. And Kobe managed to land at the top of that list with a net worth of almost $300 million. He's probably not going to be at the top for long—LeBron James is right on his heels and will likely pass him within the next year—but for now, Kobe is still king.
Here's the complete Wealth-X list:
- Kobe Bryant: $290 million
- LeBron James: $280 million
- Kevin Garnett: $240 million
- Dwyane Wade: $160 million
- Tim Duncan: $150 million
- Paul Pierce: $130 million
- Vince Carter: $130 million
- Dirk Nowitzki: $120 million
- Ray Allen: $120 million
- Carmelo Anthony: $110 million
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.