If Mercedes-Benz has its way, the car you're buying in 20 years is going to be one giant touchscreen that acts as an electric mobile meeting space that drives itself wherever you tell it. Benz chose the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week to unveil the F 015 Luxury in Motion research concept. So what can this thing do? Let's quickly touch on some of the features:
- Communication and interaction with outside world through LED fields
- Four rotating lounge chairs
- Six display screens in front, rear, and side panels
- Displays can sense hand motions and eye movements
- Combination of carbon fiber, aluminum, and steel makes for a body that is 40 percent lighter than today's cars
- Suicide Doors
- Autonomous driving
- Data would be connected and encrypted through the cloud
- 683 miles on a single charge
- Can park itself and pick you up
Basically, it's a vehicle you can step into, type in an address (or probably just say it verbally to the car), turn your seat around and play a lovely round of Cards Against Humanity with your friends on the way to the bars.
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to email@example.com.