Very early Monday morning, a 50-year old woman named Ivanka Cancic from Lauderhill, Fla. led cops on a wild police chase that ended in tragedy for a variety of people. In fact, the chase, which ended around 6 a.m., was so wild that it's a little bit hard to explain all of the trouble that Cancic caused. So let's try and do it in list form to illustrate just how bad she messed up:
- Police attempted to pull Cancic over just before 6 a.m. after they spotted her driving erratically. However, she refused and attempted to flee from the police while they gave chase.
- In the middle of the chase, Cancic came across a group of elderly people walking to church. She accidentally ran over one of them—a 68-year-old woman—and kept driving.
- Cancic lost control of her vehicle a short time later and ran into a fire hydrant.
- The fire hydrant flooded the nearby streets and caused a ton of water to pool in a nearby condominium parking lot.
- A portion of the parking lot collapsed and swallowed an SUV.
- Police arrived and placed Cancic under arrest. They charged her with DUI, DUI property damage, leaving the scene of a crash causing injuries, and driving with a suspended license.
Whew! Did you catch all that? Basically, Cancic made a huge mess and got herself into a ton of trouble in the process. She's currently being held without bond. So wild.
RELATED: The 50 Craziest Police Chases
[via New York Daily News]