ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
Metta World Peace is really good at doing interviews. No surprise there, right? He has been wowing us for years now with his ability to provide quality sound bytes during his interviews. But yesterday, during an interview with ESPN New York, World Peace went above and beyond to provide some excellent quotes. During an interview that included questions about everything from the Lakers to Paul Pierce's recent shots at World Peace's new team, the Knicks, he went wild. So rather than just give you one or two quotes from the interview, we're going to give you them all:
- On the Lakers' chances of winning a title next season: "I think the Lakers are going to go to the NBA Finals. I think Kobe [Bryant] is gonna be healthy. They're gonna get Pau [Gasol]. The Lakers are gonna make a big trade like they always do. They're gonna get another good player, boom, boom, and they're gonna go to the Finals."
- On Paul Pierce saying that the Brooklyn Nets are going to run New York City from now on: "I just want apple pie. I don't feel like talking. I want to go to Whole Foods, enjoy my Whole Foods and play with my teammates. I don't have the energy to go back and forth with words, because there's just too many great things happening in New York City for me to be going back and forth."
- On the Brooklyn Nets as a whole: "Honestly, I don't even know who's on their team."
- On the idea of him coming off the bench for the Knicks next season: "I've been starting for 15 years, so hey, it should be somebody else's chance to start."
- On the Knicks' chances to win a title next season: "Those types of questions are answered in June. I learned that from Phil Jackson. Just going through that journey with Phil, I kind of know the journey, and in New York everything happens so fast and happens now. That's one of the reasons I went to St. John's, where I realized when you prepare you'll be OK."
- On Lamar Odom's alleged drug addiction: "I've been reaching out. I need to speak to Lamar…I don't even know what to say. Shocking headlines. But I need to speak with him."
Oh, and by the way, the interview took place during a signing for World Peace's new children's book, Metta's Bedtime Stories.
It's World Peace's world, folks. We're just living in it.
[via ESPN New York]