If a car does manage to accelerate so violently that the front wheel lift off the ground a few things happen that aren't happening in this photo:
- The rear tires press down hard onto the pavement. Daylight cannot be seen in between the tread.
- The front suspension hangs low and relaxed, unlike the loaded suspension pictured.
- The bottoms of the front tires don't pixelate for no reason.
- Race tires are used. Street tires don't have nearly enough grip to do this.
- The sidewalls of the rear tires get severely stressed.
- Smoke is generated.
The sad thing is that the Shelby 1000 could probably actually do this, but the people at Shelby were too lazy to actually make it happen. LAME!
RELATED: Carrol Shelby's 25 Best Cars
[via USA Today]