In February Nike will launch the new Air Max 270, the first shoe to feature an air unit explicitly designed for lifestyle. Ahead of the shoe's impending release, Nike has released eight facts about the shoe and how it sits amongst the Air Max legacy.
1) The Air Max 270 unit, and its subsequent shoe, is the first 100% lifestyle Air shoe. It has been designed to perform in a way that meets the demands of all-day wear.
2) Inspirations for this new silhouette come from both the Air Max 93 and 180.
3) The 270 name comes from a nickname from the Nike designers for the Air Max 93 that featured 270-degree visibility in the air unit.
4) At 32-mm tall, the Air Max 270 unit stands as the tallest-ever Air Max heel unit.
5) The aforementioned height offers the biggest heel volume displacement, ensuring maximum air cushion comfort to meet the demands of lifestyle-wear.
6) Kevin Durant was the first to get hands-on with the shoe, required making the largest size of the shoe - a crazy size 18.
7) As a new unit, consumers can expect to see the 270 make an appearance on a variety of silhouettes in 2018 - not to mention plenty of colourways!
8) The new shoe is set to hit the Nike SNKRS app on February 1st, ahead of Air Max day in March.