The Internet is a big place, and there is a lot of crap that hits the hype and sneaker sites each week. To help wade through the BS, we edit the sneaker flow into the top ten sneakers of the week online each Friday afternoon. Hit the jump for the top ten sneaker happenings in the game for the week of April 26th-30th, including the new Nike Air Max 97 LUX, Vans Vault Chukka LX, Puma x UNDFTD Gumball Comp Star, and the highly-anticipated Nike Lunar Presto Rejuven8...
#10: VANS SYNDICATE TNT II MID CUP S - MULTICAM
• While most camouflage inspired sneakers are pretty dull, what makes these dope is the innovative use of "MultiCam" fabric. If you don't know what MultiCam is (Google it), it is a unique material used in creating military uniforms that actually reflects the surrounding colors of the environment, allowing the wearer to blend in with the background. Grab a pair now from CaliRoots.
#9: FEIT STITCHDOWN BOOTS
• FEIT is a company that has long been associated with premium materials and meticulous attention to detail. Their latest release, the Stitchdown Boots, follows in this same tradition by utilizing Kudu suede and Buffalo leather to a create super-soft, ultra comfortable shoe. Perfect for spring. Pre-order now through FEIT's online store.
#8 PUMA x UNDFTD COMP STAR GUMBALL 3000
• What's cooler than being able to drive in the Gumball 3000? Well, probably not too much but we'll still settle for these Puma x UNDFTD Comp Stars because if we can't drive in the rally, at least we can wear what the drivers are wearing. Keep an eye out for these to drop May 10th and stay tuned all of next week as we bring you coverage from the Gumball 3000.
#7 NIKE AIR PRESTO COOL MINT/SURF BLUE/WHITE
• Nike has hit us with an onslaught of Air Prestos lately, but this eye-catching blue colorway is definitely our favorite. A ridiculously comfortable shoe with a neck-breaking colorway makes these an essential part of your spring kit. Available now at Dunk.
#6 ED BANGER RECORDS x ETNIES - EDNIES
• Unlikely collaborators, Ed Banger Records and Etnies, have teamed up to bring us the cleverly named "Ednies" three pack. Featuring some signature graphics by in-house artist So Me, these clean and simple shoes make a nice addition to anyone's sneaker lineup. Look out for these to drop later this year.
#5 CONVERSE JAPAN - MAY RELEASES
• We couldn't decide which of Converse Japan's new releases we liked best so we just figured we'd show you all of them. For May 2010, you can expect to see the release of the All Star Chuck Taylor in two colorways, the Jack Purcell in two colorways, and the One Star in a solid red/blue/white colorway. As always with Converse, you know each one will be a lightweight, comfortable shoe that you can wear pretty much anywhere. Just stay away from the bright red for classier events.
#4 3.1 PHILIP LIM FALL/WINTER 2010 FOOTWEAR COLLECTION
• Philip Lim is fast becoming a favorite in the American fashion scene and it's not hard to see why when looking at his latest footwear collection. Combining street sensibilities with elegant detailing, Philip has created a set a shoes that are both luxurious and highly wearable. No official release date yet, but make sure to keep an eye out for these because let's face it, you can't wear Dunks and Jordans forever.
#3 NIKE AIR MAX 97 LUX
• These are definitely one of the more upscale Air Maxes we've seen lately. Made in Italy, these black/pink/silver 97s feature a seamless leather upper and come in a glossy black box. Limited to only 1695 pairs worldwide so act fast. Available now at SNS.
#2 NIKE LUNAR PRESTO REJUVEN8 COOL GREY/HOT LIME
• The Nike Rejuven8 and the Nike Air Presto are both really dope shoes. Now Nike has combined the best elements from both to create the Lunar Presto Rejuven8?! Our minds just got blown.
#1 Vans Vault Chukka LX
• Van's summer release brings a more sophisticated approach to the classic skate shoe. Featuring a nice blend of canvas and leather, these shoes are perfect for skating around in or combining with something a little dressier. That's a win-win to us. Get them now at Bows & Arrows.
• CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE COMPLEX SNEAKER POSTS!