Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick is cleared of all rape charges against him after the Los Angeles Police Department found "insufficient evidence" to pursue the case any further.
Deadline reports a week-old charge evaluation worksheet from the D.A.'s office that's been made public on Friday says "three separate women recently reported to law enforcement that suspect sexually assaulted them at three different times in 2014."
Two accusers claimed to have witnesses in the area at the time of the alleged assaults. However, the person referred to as "Victim 2" says the witnesses were outside of the room when the alleged incident occurred. Therefore, the statement says the "witnesses were not able to provide information that would enable the prosecution to prove either incident beyond a reasonable doubt" which led to prosecution for the two incidents to be turned down due to "insufficient evidence."
The statement continued: "The investigating officer tried numerous times but was unsuccessful in contacting Victim 3 for a follow-up investigation and a pre-filing interview." But ultimately, her charges won't be pursued due to "unavailability of the victim."
The alleged victims in the statement were left anonymous, but actresses Kristina Cohen and Aurélie Wynn went public with allegations of rape against Westwick last year. After the allegations, Westwick was cut and replaced from two BBC projects, Ordeal By Innocence and White Gold. Westwick has maintained his innocence since the allegations came forth.