Extra host A.J. Calloway has been suspended from the program after multiple women accused him of sexual assault.

Warner Bros. Television confirmed the decision in a statement Saturday and said the network has expanded an internal investigation into the misconduct claims. 

"Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against A.J. Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct," Warner Bros. said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.

"In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review," the network continued. "We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees."

Calloway, who has co-hosted Extra for over a decade, was arrested in 2006 for alleged sexual assault on activist Sil Lai Abrams. Calloway's attorney told THR the case was ultimately dismissed "on procedural grounds," but Abrams maintains the assault took place after an event in NYC. 

Last month, the Daily Beast published a story in which two more women accused Calloway of sexual misconduct. "I'm terrified about coming forward," one of the anonymous women said. "I don't want it to affect my future, everything that I've worked hard for—and A.J. is someone that would try to do that."

Following news of Calloway's suspension, the host's attorney, Lisa E. Davis, issued a statement denying the misconduct claims: "Mr. Calloway maintains that these unsubstantiated allegations are patently false. He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name."