But on Monday night, Baldwin told Extra's Mario Lopez that the laughs may not go on much longer.
"The maliciousness of this White House has people worried," Baldwin said. "That’s why I’m not going to do it much longer, the impersonation. I don’t know how much more people can take it."
Lopez told Baldwin that many were hoping the actor would headline the upcoming White House Correspondents' Dinner—which Trump announced last month he would be skipping. While Baldwin said he'd do it if asked, he seemed extremely certain no invitation would be forthcoming.
"I don’t think it’s going to happen," he explained. "I don’t think they want that, for their [prestige] and their integrity. I think a lot of people are thinking if Trump himself doesn’t come and face the music, as it were, I don’t know what kind of program they're going to have."