Just hours after the funeral for 25-year-old Freddie Gray, the city of Baltimore is experiencing serious riots, with at least seven police officers hurt in the clash so far.

Gray died of mysterious spinal injuries on April 13, after he was arrested by Baltimore police the night before. An attorney contracted by the Gray family found that Gray's spine was severely injured. The Associated Press reported that 12 people were arrested yesterday, protesting for justice for Gray. An investigation by the Department of Justice is ongoing. 

Riots began today around 4 p.m., after a two-hour funeral service was held for Gray. According to the Associated Press, around 2 p.m., just after the funeral service ended, the University of Maryland shut down its campus. This comes the same day that the Baltimore Police Department issued a statement saying it has reason to believe three notoriously violent gangs are a "credible threat" to the Baltimore law enforcement official, although it is unclear if their announcement had to do with the death of Gray.

The AP reported that people began throwing rocks at police officers dressed in riot gear around 4 p.m. Helicopter footage showed that people throwing rocks at the police, and some were seen looting a CVS. According to WBAL TV, the local television station in Baltimore, some protestors are trying to loot more stores, and breaking into a bank. 

Captain Eric Kowalczyk told NPR News that seven officers have been injured in the riots, and at latest, one is unresponsive. "This is not OK," said Kowalczyk. "We will find these people who are responsible and we will put them in jail."

One person tweeted video footage that showed a police officer throwing a brick at protestors. 

Did the police just throw a brick back at the kids? RT @No_Cut_Card: RT @EricaLG: All out war between kids and police pic.twitter.com/qKIuDrrJSv

— LysineLeucineProline (@BrownNlovely) April 27, 2015

At present time, riots are continuing in the streets of Baltimore. WBAL TV has live coverage of the events.

UPDATE 6:15 p.m. : Governor Larry Hogan releases a statement where he mentions that he has put the National Guard on alert. 

UPDATE 6:50 p.m.: President Obama has spoken to Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

UPDATE 7:11 p.m. : Governor Hogan has declared a state of emergency. He will hold a press conference later tonight at 8:30 P.M. along with Lt. Governor Boyd Rutherford and National Guard Adjutant General Linda Singh.

UPDATE 8:00 p.m.: Mayor Rawlings-Blake instates a citywide curfew beginning tomorrow, potentially lasting for a week.

UPDATE 8:49 p.m.: Baltimore public schools will be closed tomorrow.

UPDATE 8:56 p.m.

UPDATE 9:00 p.m.: Newly sworn-in Attorney General Loretta Lynch has released a statement regarding the situation in Baltimore.

UPDATE 9:15 p.m.: Baltimore United for Change, a coalition of the city's community groups has released a statement addressing the unrest.

UPDATE 9:20 p.m.

UPDATE 9:24 p.m.: In addition to the National Guard, 5,000 law enforcement officials will be called in from the mid-Atlantic region to control the riots, according to Col. Darryl D. DeSousa of the Baltimore Police Department. He also said fifteen police officers have been injured so far, while two remain hospitalized. Over two dozen people have been arrested.

UPDATE 9:42 p.m.: The Washington Post reports that the multi-million dollar senior center which caught on fire earlier is reportedly not related to the riots.

UPDATE 10:05 p.m.

UPDATE 10:42 p.m.: One person's on the ground account of the scene at Baltimore. 

UPDATE 10:53 p.m.: