ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
The U.S. Attorney's office has released a cache of racist and homophobic text messages sent between a bunch of San Francisco cops as part of a case against Ian Furminger, a former cop (and the main texter) who was recently convicted of corruption.
The release of the texts has led to 10 cops total being placed under review, which means the San Francisco district attorney's office is going to have to review approximately 100,000 convictions those cops were involved in to check for signs of bias.
Here's a sampling of texts those officers were sending back an forth to each other:
- "We got two blacks at my boys [sic] school and they are brother and sister! There cause dad works for the school district and I am watching them like hawks."
- In response to a text asking "Do you celebrate quanza [sic] at your school?" Furminger wrote: "Yeah we burn the cross on the field! Then we celebrate Whitemas."
- "Its [sic] worth every penny to live here [Walnut Creek] away from the savages."
- "Those guys are pretty stupid! Ask some dumb ass questions you would expect from a black rookie! Sorry if they are your buddies!"
- "The buffalo soldier was why the Indians Wouldnt [sic] shoot the niggers that found for the confederate They [sic] thought they were sacred buffalo and not human."
- "Gunther Furminger was a famous slave auctioneer."
- "My wife has 2 friends over that don't know each other the cool one says to me get me a drink nigger not knowing the other is married to one just happened right now LMFAO."
- "White power."
- In response to a text saying "Niggers should be spayed," Furminger wrote "I saw one an hour ago with 4 kids."
- "I am leaving it like it is, painting KKK on the sides and calling it a day!"
- "Cross burning lowers blood pressure! I did the test myself!"
- In response to a text saying "All niggers must fucking hang," Furminger wrote "Ask my 6 year old what he thinks about Obama."
- In response to a text saying "Just boarded train at Mission/16th," Furminger wrote "Ok, just watch out for BM's" [black males].
- "I hate to tell you this but my wife friend [sic] is over with their kids and her husband is black! If [sic] is an Attorney but should I be worried?" Furminger's friend, an SFPD officer, responded: "Get ur pocket gun. Keep it available in case the monkey returns to his roots. Its [sic] not against the law to put an animal down." Furminger responded, "Well said!"
- In response to a text from another SFPD officer regarding the promotion of a black officer to sergeant, Furminger wrote: "Fuckin nigger."
Furminger granted San Francisco's ABC News 7 an interview today in which he dropped this key quote:
"These were supposed to be funny, not to be broadcast on the news," Furminger said.
Ohhh, your dozens of racist texts were supposed to be funny? Why didn't you say so? I guess that clears this whole thing up.