Last week, comedian Hannibal Buress went off about Bill Cosby during a performance in Philadelphia, bringing back to the forefront the many rape accusations that have dogged the widely-beloved former Cliff Huxtable over the last several decades.
While Cosby has always poo-pooed the accusations, one of his victims has spoken out to The Daily Mail. In a wide-ranging interview, she describes the horror she endured at Cosby’s hands over several decades. Among her more disturbing quotes:
- “He is a monster. He came at me like a monster. My hope is that others who have experienced sexual abuse will not be intimidated into silence by the famous, rich and powerful. If I can help one victim, then I've done my job.”
- “Bill used to tell me that he was my father figure and that I needed to trust him as a father, 100 percent. Then he'd drug me and attack me. I was to afraid to talk back.”
- “I never took shut up money. My motivation to speak now is to expose Bill Cosby as the animal that he is. He went after me in that hotel room like an animal with such sexual prowess and force that he couldn't control himself. And at 19-years-old, I knew it would be the last time he would ever get the chance to hurt me this way again.”
- “He wanted me to act completely drunk, wasted, while he stood behind me and stroked my neck and upper chest. He didn't touch me beyond that, on that day, but that's where it certainly started.”
- “By the time I was drugged and raped by him in New York, he'd already broken me down, brainwashed me and made me feel like there was something wrong with me if I resisted his sexual advances.”
The graphic nature of the stories is incredibly disturbing, and there are many of them. It's definitely worth a look, even if it is hard to get through.