Officials say a four-year-old boy Bronx passed away yesterday after ingesting what authorities believe to be rat poison. 

According to the New York Daily News, Juan Sanchez died at 9:49 a.m. Monday morning. Sanchez reportedly began foaming at the mouth and turning blue on Sunday, prompting his family to rush him to Lincoln Hospital, where he was then transferred to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital. His mother told police that she thought he had swallowed rat poisoning that was was left in the family's home by an exterminator two weeks prior. 

The Daily News add that Sanchez's parents were questioned by police, but no criminality is suspected.

[via New York Daily News]

Send tips, photos and news developments to cityguidetips@complex.com.