Urban legend highlight: Laced with heroin
Believability rating: 5
Has anyone actually ever met someone who was poisoned by heroin in Halloween candy? No. Just no. That urban legend has been going on forever, but actual reports of these incidents rarely, if ever, make the news. The few times it has happened have not been due to strangers with candy but because of people like a batshit crazy father in 1974 who poisoned his 8-year-old son with cyanide Pixy Stix trying to make a claim on some life insurance. Another kid in Detroit accidentally ate his uncle's heroin and his family put the drug on his Halloween candy to cover up their drug possession. A razor or a sharp object stuck in your Milky Way? Way more likely. Watch where you stick those teeth.