A British man died after drinking a bottle containing $54,000 worth of liquid methamphetamine. After being handed the substance by his daughter, 55-year-old Romano Dias consumed half of the bottle, mistaking it for a health drink. The Cambridgeshire native began complaining of a burning sensation in his throat immediately, then reportedly said "I am in trouble here. I am dying, I am dead."

According to the Huffington Post, the bottle was inside of a package delivered to his daughter's house three years ago under the correct address, but wrong name. Due to the cost of the drugs, authorities assume the package was intended for a dealer. "I would say it is highly likely it was destined for a dealer," Detective Inspector Ian Simmons told the Cambridge News

Simmons also believes the appearance of the package signals an attempt to introduce meth to the area.

[via The Huffington Post and Cambridge News]