Here's a quick lesson on what not to do if you come across a snake while doing yard work: Don't set it on fire. A woman in Bowie County, TX burned her house down because she apparently thought setting the offending snake on fire would be the best way to get rid of it. Hasn't she seen Anaconda? That shit doesn't work. 

Speaking with KHOUBowie County Sheriff's Deputy Randall Baggett explained what happened: "While cleaning up, she saw a snake, threw gasoline on the snake, and lit the snake on fire," he said.  "And the snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire."

Not only did her house go up in flames, but a neighbor's home was damaged as well. There are obvious, albeit loose parallels to the Garden of Eden here—woman encounters serpent; woman makes poor decision; woman ruins life.

Don't set snakes on fire.

[via Gawker]