In an odd turn of events, 32-year-old Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, FL died shortly after winning a bug-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach on Friday night. To win, participants ate a number of live insects and worms for the chance to win a python. The Broward County sheriff's office says that Archbold started feeling ill after the contest before vomiting up cockroaches and passing out. He was pronounced dead after being rushed to Broward Health North hospital.

Though other participants ate a similar amount of insects, none experienced health issues.

RELATED: The Most Ratchet Stories of MarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugust, and September.

[via Gawker]