The upgraded MacBook Pros are cool, but the real show-stopper was the next-generation MacBook Pro. Officially called the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the new MBP is quite possibly the best computer Apple has ever created. Not only is it thinner than all previous models, it's the most powerful and cutting-edge laptop ever designed in Cupertino, Calif.
Combining the best parts of the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad, the new MBP is a guide to where the future Apple computing is heading. As the name suggests, the new MBP is the first Apple computer to feature the Retina Display. It's also the last Apple portable to move to solid-state drives. The machine comes with all the latest ports: USB 3.0, an SD slot, a HDMI port, and a Thunderbolt port.
All that tech doesn't come cheap, though. The new MBP is starting at $2,200. Check out the full spec sheet below.
- .71 inches thick and under 4.5 lbs
- 15.4 inch 2880 X 1800 Retina Display
- Quad Core Intel Ivy Bridge i7 processor at up to 2.7 GHZ
- Up to 16 GB of RAM
- Up to 768 GB of hard drive storage
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor
- 7-hour battery life
- FaceTime HD camera at 720p