Authorities are convinced that the corpse of an obese woman was the cause of a fire that destroyed a crematorium in Austria. The April fire is said to have began when numerous amounts of burning fat from the body of a 440-pound woman blocked an air filter, forcing the filter system to overheat.

Although firefighters were able to control the blaze by shooting water through the vents, but the fire had already done severe damage. This is good cause to send obese corpses to special facilities better suited to handle them.

RELATED: The most ratchet news stories of MarchApril, and May.

[via The Huffington Post]

Follow @ComplexGuide.