14-year-old Ryan Hart got quite the surprise when he took a bite out of his Arby’s sandwich and discovered a severed finger. An employee at the Jackson, Mich., restaurant cut off her own finger with a meat slicer while cooking up a meal. She rushed off to tend to her injury, and other employees proceeded to complete the order without even noticing. That's that assembly line mentality.

Hart’s mother, Jamie Vail, said that her son was traumatized by the incident and needed medication to cope with the emotional stress. Arby’s vice president of corporate communications John Gray said that the finger was a freak accident and promised customers that the restaurant adheres to Health Department guidelines.

Regardless, disgusted customers will point the finger of blame at Arby’s.

RELATED: The most ratchet news stories of March and April.

RELATED: The 20 Craziest Things Found in Food

[via Shine]

Follow @ComplexGuide.