Gamers have way too much time on their hands..and sometimes that's very good thing. A group of dedicated programmers and designers just finished a fan project by the name of Streets of Rage Remake. After eight years of tireless work, the game is finally free and downloadable for all Sega and beat-’em-up nostalgia buffs. Be forewarned, old heads: this thing is massive. Take a look at the video and game details below and decide if you're hardcore enough to handle this beast of a game. [via Bomber Games]
- 93 stages in story mode
- 5 stages in extra modes
- 5 stages in the Prototype mod (separate download)
19 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
- SOR1 characters remastered with new moves
- SOR2 characters with new moves
- SOR3 characters with new moves
- New playable characters
- All enemies from SOR1 remastered.
- All enemies from SOR2 (RGB color correction).
- All enemies from SOR3 (RGB color correction).
- New enemies based on the Game Gear versions and even the cover the game!
- 76 in V5.
- 7 in the Prototype mod.
- Profile Editor
- Color Editor
- Name Editor
- Cutscene Viewer
- Profile Viewer (and commands)
- Image Gallery
- 16 cheats
- Battle Mode
- Survival Mode
- Boss Rush mode
- Events Mode (16 events)
- Volleyball Mode
- Allied cpu mode
- And more than 30 customizable options