Know why the Travel Channel's Man V. Food is one of the coolest shows to come out in the past ten years? 'Cause it's one piece of idiot box programming where we figure the guy on screen is doing far more unhealthy things to himself than we are vegging out watching him. The show goes all the way live from the 305 tonight, a Mountain Zone rivalry leads the NBA slate, and a twisted movie classic are all on the docket in today's Complex TV Picks of the Day...
REALITY: MAN V. FOOD LIVE FROM MIAMI, TRAVEL CHANNEL, 9 PM EST
• Man V. Food host Adam Richman heads to South Florida for Super Bowl Week, and a live "extravaganza" that includes a 48 oz. steak challenge. This is probably your best chance to see someone die of a coronary on tv (for this week at least), so enjoy it while you can.
DRAMA: UNDERBELLY: A TALE OF TWO CITIES, THE 101 (DIRECTV EXCLUSIVE), 10 PM ET/PT
Foster's may be Australian for beer, but this 13-episode mini-series is Aussie for ill, award-winning organized crime drama. Based on the true story of a drug war that rocked the Land Down Under in the 1970s and '80s, it's got sex, drugs, and bloody murder—basically everything that makes a show worth watching. It arrives in the U.S. tonight, but only on DirecTV, so if you don't have it, feast off your friend's dish.
SPORTS: SUNS @ NUGGETS, ESPN, 10:30 PM EST
• There's a decent Eastern Conference tilt (Heat-Celtics) in the 8 o'clock time slot, but the NBA's best are still in the west. The Phoenicians take a three-game winning streak into 'Rado in what could be a Western Conference first round preview (you know, if the regular season ended a week before the All-Star break).
SITCOM: MODERN FAMILY, ABC, 9 PM EST
• Minnie Driver guest stars, Jay and Cameron have an uncomfortable moment in a gym locker room, and SofiaVergaraSofiaVergaraSofiaVergaraSofiaVergaraSofiaVergara.
MOVIE: CRASH IFC, 9:45 PM EST
• No, not the Oscar-winning one that sucks, the wound-sex one that...sucks (in the good way). David Cronenberg is a twisted dude, and we wouldn't have him any other way.
• CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE COMPLEX TV POSTS!