The video first premiered at House of Vans in Chicago Monday night:
Ashley Huicochea, the Presser Career Academy student who won the video treatment contest, joined Woods and Chance on set to get an in-depth look at the music video production process by way one-on-one interaction with the directors. Other students, all runners-up in the contest, were also on set to get an impromptu education on other facets of music video production, including wardrobe and art direction.
Check the full list of CPS students involved with the "LSD" production below:
- Ashley Huicochea - Prosser Career Academy- 12 (graduated)- Treatment Winner/Director Shadow
- Precious Ingram- Simeon Career Academy- 10/11- Wardrobe Shadow
- Patricia Frazier- Gwendolyn Brooks College Prep- 12 (graduated)- Camera Shadow
- Sara Gieger- Kenwood Academy- 12 (graduated) - Camera Shadow
- Cleo Shine- Nicolas Senn High- 12 (graduated) - Camera Shadow
- Emilio Nieto- Lindblom Math and Science Academy- 11/12- Art Direction Shadow
- Jaylon Guyton- Bulls College Prep- 12 (graduated)- Art Direction Shadow
Heavn, released to critical acclaim last year, is now available to purchase. A physical version is dropping Oct. 6 via Jagjagwuar and Closed Sessions. Catch Jamila Woods live later this year at the Austin City Limits Music Festival (Oct. 8, 15), Afropunk Fest (Oct. 14), and more.