Lil Yachty’s highly anticipated debut studio album, Teenage Emotions, was released Thursday night.
Yachty, 19 (!), has been a fixture in hip-hop since his debut mixtape, Lil Boat, dropped in March 2016 and “Broccoli,” which he recorded with fellow up-and-comer D.R.A.M., became a surprise hit in April 2016.
In the time between the releases of his debut mixtape and debut studio album, Lil Yachty signed a joint venture record deal with Quality Control Music, Capitol Records, and Motown Records, starred in a hilarious Sprite commercial with LeBron James, and released another mixtape, Summer Songs 2. 2016 was big for Lil Yachty, and with the release of Teenage Emotions, he’s hoping for an equally powerful 2017.
Get ready for the Teenage Emotions takes, because they’re coming. In the meantime, read up on everyone who contributed to Mr. Miles McCollum’s debut album.
“Like a Star”
- D33J: Electronic-style producer from Los Angeles and a part of the WEDIDIT crew, with Ryan Hemsworth, Groundislava, Shlohmo, and RL Grime. He has worked with Lil Yachty since early in his career and has also worked with Tory Lanez.
- Digital Nas: 21-year-old Atlanta producer who met Lil Yachty in college. The two became close friends and have been collaborating ever since. The two released a collaborative EP, Lost Files, in September 2016.
“Peek A Boo” f/ Migos
- Ricky Racks: The co-producer of Young Thug’s “Best Friend.” He’s worked with Young Thug extensively and has also done production for Migos.
- 30roc: T-Wayne’s “Nasty Freestyle” and Rae Sremmurd’s “Real Chill” are his biggest hits. He’s also worked with K Camp, Trinidad James, Trey Songz, and Kirko Bangz.
- Tillie: An up-and-coming engineer who did the mixing for Summer Songs 2 and has also done mixing for Young Dro.
- K Swisha: His biggest track, by far, is “Uber Everywhere,” which he produced for frequent collaborator MadeinTYO. K Swisha has also worked with 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Travis Scott, and Yo Gotti.
- Lex Luger: The co-founder of 808 Mafia, Luger has been active since 2008. He’s worked with some of the biggest names in hip-hop—Kanye West, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame, 2 Chainz, Pusha T, Big Sean, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and more. “Hard in the Paint” was Luger’s first instrumental to blow up. He also produced Kanye and Jay Z’s “H.A.M.” Luger is one of the biggest names on this album.
“Say My Name”
- Reefer Alston: A young producer who’s worked with Playboy Carti, Uncle Murda, and Cassidy, among others.
- BL$$D: Tariq “BL$$D” Sharrieff hails himself as both producer and motivational speaker. He has worked with Young Dolph, ASAP Ferg, and with Rae Sremmurd on Sremmlife 2.
A post shared by Reefer Alston (#206) (@reefer_alston) on Oct 8, 2016 at 12:19pm PDT
A post shared by Tariq "BL$$D" Sharrieff (@officialblssd) on Apr 19, 2017 at 4:40pm PDT
“All You Had To Say”
- Earl: Also known as “Earl the Producer” and “EarlThePearl,” he typically goes by Earl. You might recognize his tagline, “Earl on the beat.” He’s known as one of Lil Yachty’s go-to producers and has also produced songs featuring Young Thug and Makonnen.
“Better” f/ Stefflon Don
- The Stereotypes: R&B/hip-hop/dance production team that’s been around forever (since 2003). They’ve produced tracks for everyone from Justin Bieber to Chris Brown to Iggy Azalea. Their biggest recent hit is “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars. They’re among the highest-profile producers on this album with Lex Luger and the next name on this list…
“Forever Young” f/ Diplo
- Diplo: Does the man need an introduction? 38-year-old American EDM DJ known for working with Major Lazer, Skrillex, Bieber (Purpose), Beyoncé (Lemonade) and many more. Winner of two Grammys.
- Dawn Golden: Dawn Golden is a solo electronic production and songwriting project featuring Dexter Tortoriello of Houses. Dawn Golden is signed under Diplo at Mad Decent.
“Lady In Yellow”
- WondaGurl: 20-year-old Canadian producer who’s worked with Kanye, Travis Scott, Jay Z, Drake, and more. She sent a beat to Drake on Instagram that landed on “Used To” and “Company” on If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late. She produced the Scott banger “Antidote.”
“Moments In Time”
- Mitus: Another young producer who’s made beats for some of the biggest names in music: Rihanna, Ye, Lorde, and more. She made the beat for Kanye’s “FML” on The Life of Pablo.
“Otha Shit (Interlude)”
- Pierre Bourne: Yo Pierre, you wanna come out here? The 23-year-old producer from South Carolina produced six songs on Playboi Carti’s debut mixtape. He’s tight with Yachty’s brother, K$upreme, and has also worked with 21 Savage.
“X Men” f/ Evander Griiim
- 30roc: The duo also produced “Dirty Mouth.” 30roc has worked with K Camp, Trinidad James, Trey Songz, and Kirko Bangz.
- Tillie: He’s also done mixing for Young Dro.
“Bring It Back”
- Free School: Singer, songwriter, and producer who’s been featured on tracks by Fergie, Chris Brown, Madonna, and more.
- LOVE Music: R!O and Jonathan Buice work under the name LOVE Music and have produced for the likes of Meek Mill, Usher, Chris Brown, and more.
“Running With A Ghost” f/ Grace
- The Good Perry: 20-year-old who produced Lil Yachty’s hit single, “One Night,” off of Lil Boat. He was formerly known as Burberry Perry but changed his name after a lawsuit from Burberry. He’s also worked with Lil Uzi Vert.
“FYI (Know Now)”
- iLoveUPeter: Producer from Baltimore who contributed to Summer Songs 2.
- K Swisha: Also produced “Harley.” K Swisha has also worked with 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Travis Scott, and Yo Gotti.
- Mitus: Also produced “Moments in Time.” Mitus made the beat for Rihanna’s “Goodnight Gotham” and signed a five-song deal with G.O.O.D. Music in 2016.
“Made Of Glass”
- Free School: Also produced “Bring it Back.” He was featured in “Spaceship” by Benny Benassi and is associated with the Black Eyed Peas.
“Momma (Outro)” f/ Sonyae Elise
- TrapMoneyBenny: Cleveland producer who’s worked with Chief Keef, Playboi Carti, and Fredo Santana and also made a notable remix of Future’s “T-Shirt.” His tagline comes from The Sandlot: “c’mon, Benny, man!” He got a recent shout-out on ESPN's Sportscenter.