UPDATED 12/27/16 1:00 p.m. ET: Troy Ave has left the hospital. The rapper shared a video of himself leaving with the caption, "shot in my head, shot in my back, GOD is Great Ya boi is back from the bottom of my heart thank y’all 4 all the prayers." He also reminded everyone that his White Christmas 4 mixtape is out now.
A video posted by Troy Ave (@troyave) on Dec 26, 2016 at 5:17pm PST
See original post from 12/26/16 below.
Troy Ave was reportedly shot while traveling in Brooklyn on Christmas day.
According to a tweet by New York City Alerts, the 31-year-old rapper suffered a gunshot wound to the arm and was grazed in the head by a bullet while driving in a Maserati. The shooting is said to have gone down at 4:20 p.m. ET on East 91st Street and Linden Boulevard.
Troy's attorney Scott Leemon confirmed the news, and reassured fans the injuries were not life threatening.
"Tonight, Troy Ave was targeted again... on Christmas," Leemon said in a statement obtained by Billboard. "In Brooklyn, going to meet his family for the holiday, he was shot two times. Thankfully, he will survive the second attempt on his life. As we have said from the beginning—he is a victim. We pray for his speedy recovery."
According to a report by Hot 97's Lisa Evers, Troy was accompanied by an unidentified female passenger, who was left uninjured during the attack. Police have confirmed to Evers that the shooter is currently at large.
It's been a seemingly rough year for Troy, who has spent most of 2016 caught up in controversies. Back in April, the Brooklyn MC was involved in a deadly shooting at NYC's Irving Plaza. Troy suffered a self-inflicted gun shot to the leg during the incident, and was later arrested for attempted murder after surveillance footage showed him firing a gun in the venue. Troy has since been released on bail; however, he hasn't been able to avoid additional scandals.
Last week, ahead of his White Christmas 4 mixtape release, Troy claimed he was being blackmailed over an alleged sex tape. He addressed the situation in an Instagram post, insisting the footage was intended for a music video, but someone got their hands it on the unedited, X-rated parts and was trying to extort him for $20,000. But he said he wasn't giving in to the demands.
50 Cent shared a photo of his visit of Troy in the hospital, writing in his Instagram caption that he was "all good."