CeeLo Green went to Facebook Live on Saturday evening to address a shocking video that surfaced earlier in the day.

The CCTV footage captured the artist/producer inside a recording studio holding his phone to his ear while sitting in a chair. CeeLo appeared to be speaking on the phone before the device suddenly exploded, knocking him out of his seat and onto the floor where he laid motionless. The disturbing footage sparked concern over CeeLo’s well-being, but it turns out, it wasn’t real.

Following the video’s release, CeeLo went to social media to address the footage and to reassure fans he was OK. He explained the clip was a part of an upcoming project.

“I just want to let everybody know that I am alive, that I’m well, and I’m OK,” he said in the video. “Truthfully, I’m really upset that anybody had to be emotionally disturbed by what they saw today. What you saw today was a clip from a smaller video that we were shooting for a new project I’m doing called Gnarly Davidson. It’s supposed to set up […] and introduce the new character identity. […] I want to thank everybody for their love and support and concern.”

Watch the video above.

CeeLo teased Gnarly Davidson this past summer, describing it as a solo mixtape with a sound similar to that of Gnarls Barkley.

“It's really cool,” the 42-year-old told The Herald News. “It will definitely put you in the space, it's very Gnarls-esque sonically and instrumentally.”

Watch the video below or here.