Though Lil Wayne is still screaming "Fuck Cash Money" at his shows, it appears that he has possibly come to terms in someway with the label and Birdman. According to The Jasmine Brand, Lil Wayne recently dropped his $51 million lawsuit against the label, but did so "without prejudice," which means he can re-file the case at any time.
When Wayne and Young Money originally filed the lawsuit in January, reports quickly surfaced that if Birdman paid out what was owed to Weezy for his work on Tha Carter V, he would drop the lawsuit. That number was reportedly set at $10 million, and though Birdman has remained silent this entire time, it seems that the two may have come to terms on something. We will continue to update this story once more details are made available.
To get a better understanding of the case, we got an entertainment lawyer to break down Wayne's original lawsuit. You can watch the clip below.
UPDATE: Karen Civil is reporting that Wayne's lawsuit has not been dropped but rather moved to New Orleans. Additionally, Wayne's reps have released an official statement and release on the matter, which breaks down the reasoning for moving the case to New Orleans. Read it in full below.
"We gave them until [Monday], April 6th to file an answer," Sweeney says. "[Cash Money] said they were going to challenge the venue, so at that point, it was a waste of time and money, so we all agreed that we would dismiss the action [in New York] and Wayne and [his record label] Young Money would re-file in New Orleans." "Lil Wayne and Young Money LLC have entered into a stipulation with Cash Money the effect of which is to transfer the claims raised in the action which had been commenced in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York to the Federal and/or State Courts of Louisiana," the rapper's legal team added in a statement to Rolling Stone. "The claims previously asserted by Lil Wayne and Young Money LLC against Cash Money for substantial monies owed and breach of fiduciary duty have not been settled and will be prosecuted in Louisiana as expeditiously as possible," added his team.
Lil Wayne lawsuit has NOT been dropped just moved to New Orleans.— Karεn Ciѵil (@KarenCivil) April 7, 2015