It feels good to have Killa Cam back in our lives, don't it? After 3 years of appearing only on milk cartons, the Harlem rap icon popped up earlier this month with plans to finally release his sixth album Crime Pays. But the thing we're even more excited about is Cam's plan to star in a sitcom inspired by Larry David's hilarious HBO show Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Is Cam'ron Giles the rap Larry David? He might just be. This got us thinking about who else from the hip-hop world we would cast in Cam Your Enthusiasm (that's what we're calling it anyway). Check out our suggestions below...
CURB CHARACTER: Larry David
CAM CHARACTER: Cam'ron Giles
• Wikipedia describes Larry David's character like this: "Self-centered, impatient, and difficult, Larry creates awkwardness and discomfort in social situations. His problems are often caused by his own neuroses and an obstinate faith in his own understanding of ethics and etiquette. At the same time, he usually has good intentions and often finds himself a victim of circumstance and of the sensitive, easily-offended natures of those he encounters." Is that you Cam?
CURB CHARACTER: Jeff Greene
CAM CHARACTER: Damon Dash
• What would Larry do without his responsible manager Jeff? Probably a whole lot of nothing. Cam also needs a real businessman who understands his foibles on his side, and his old Roc-A-Fella boss Damon Dash would be the perfect man for the job. As an extra bonus, Dame could finally bring Killa Season to Broadway.
CURB CHARACTER: Cheryl David
CAM CHARACTER: Miss Info
• With all his neuroses, the only woman who can put up with Larry David is his always patient wife Cheryl. Cam doesn't have many stable female relationships in his life, but one woman he can always talk to his hip-hop's reigning gossip queen Miss Info.
CURB CHARACTER: Richard Lewis
CAM CHARACTER: Juelz Santana
• Recovering alcoholic Richard Lewis is one of Larry's oldest friends, even if their relationship is rocky at times. Once Juelz kicks his alleged syrup sipping addiction, he could also reunite with Cam and enjoy some good clean livin'.
CURB CHARACTER: Susie Greene
CAM CHARACTER: Pimpin' Curly
• Larry's arch nemesis is Jeff Greene's shit-talking wife Susie, who refuses to accommodate his crazy behavior. Whenever Cam starts acting 7:30, 50 Cent's wig-wearing pimp alter-ego can come on screen and take him down a few pegs.
CURB CHARACTER: Ted Danson
CAM CHARACTER: Jim Jones
• Even though they seem to be close friends, Cheers actor Ted Danson always manages to get under Larry's skin. Whether it's his wife, his "yenta" ways or his self-aggrandizing philanthropy, something about Ted's too-perfect life bothers Larry. Since Cam'ron's disappearance, Jim Jones has become the swag-splashing star of the Dipset crew. Their tentative friendship would make for great TV.
CURB CHARACTER: The Blacks
CAM CHARACTER: The Rosenthals
• After Hurricane Katrina, Larry and Cheryl let a homeless family of New Orleans refugees named "The Blacks" move into their house. Once the recession finally hits New York's hip-hop sketch comedy market, Eric and Jeff Rosenthal of The Real might be wandering the streets of Harlem looking for someone to take them in. Luckily, the seeds of their relationship have already been planted.