Earlier this year, a woman identified only as "Jane Doe" filed a lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at a party in New York City in 1994 when the woman was just 13 years old. She was expected to publicly speak out at a press conference earlier this week on Nov. 2. The press conference was canceled after the woman reportedly received multiple death threads and was concerned for her own safety. Now, according to her attorney Lisa Bloom, the lawsuit has been dropped.
The suit involved Trump as well as Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire and convicted pedophile who allegedly hosted multiple sex parties at his residence in New York City.
According to court documents filed in June, Jane Doe claimed she was "subject to acts of rape, sexual misconduct, criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse, forcible touching, assault, battery, intentional and reckless infliction of emotional distress, duress, false imprisonment, and threats of death and/or serious bodily injury by the Defendants [Trump and Epstein] that took place at several parties during the summer months of 1994." The plaintiff, Jane Doe, alleged that Trump "tied Plaintiff to a bed, exposed himself to Plaintiff, and then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff." During "this savage sexual attack," Trump "responded to Plaintiff's pleas [for him to stop] by violently striking Plaintiff in the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do whatever he wanted."
The court documents didn't offer any evidence for her claims, and people are now wondering how true, if at all, the allegations were.
In an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail, Doe says she wanted to share her story to keep Trump from winning the election. "We would have a rapist in the White House. I would feel horrified every single day if I stay in this country," she said.
The Daily Mail did not publicly identify the woman but did include photos of her. They reported that Doe has "a history of drug abuse" on her record, including two DUIs and a felony drug possession. The woman reportedly used to work in real estate but recently had spinal surgery that left her unable to work, so she claims disability welfare.
At only the age of 13, Doe says she took a Greyhound bus from a small town in Oklahoma to New York City to chase her dreams of becoming a model. When she arrived, she heard about Epstein's parties, where she could make money and meet people who could help her get into modeling.
The alleged incidents in 1994—which the Daily Mail didn't find evidence to confirm—have stayed with Doe, who said, "As much as I try to forget about everything that happened, it always affects everything in my life." When it allegedly happened in 1994, Doe didn't know who her attacker was. "It was only when she watched The Apprentice that she came to believe it was Trump, claiming that she could not forget her attacker's face," according to the Daily Mail.
According to Politico, suits were filed two weeks earlier regarding the same alleged events. The first one, filed back in April in Riverside, California, was almost identical to the one Doe just dropped. It was dismissed in May "because the complaint failed to properly state any specific federal civil rights violations," according to the New York Daily News. That lawsuit, the Guardian reports, was linked to Norm Lubow, a former TV producer who has a history of questionable allegations against celebrities.
Another similar lawsuit was filed back in June, after the first one was dismissed in May. But that lawsuit didn't go through either; it was withdrawn in September before being re-filed later that month.
After following Doe's instructions to voluntarily dismiss the latest lawsuit, attorney Lisa Bloom tweeted:
When the lawsuit was first filed back in April, Trump told RadarOnline, "The allegations are not only categorically false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated." He added, "There is absolutely no merit to these allegations. Period."