The last time we reported on a raccoon-related incident, it revolved around a disturbing viral disease bringing about disconcerting distemper symptoms. Today’s news is far less terrifying, and sort of endearing to both the animal and her caretaker. In the Wayne Township of Indiana, a concerned woman frantically hurried to the nearest firehouse because her pet raccoon was in seemingly serious trouble. He was alarmingly stoned on marijuana.

According to WTHR13, firefighters were awakened at 2 a.m. by a local woman repeatedly ringing the doorbell. “As many times as the doorbell on the firehouse was pushed, the firefighters were quite certain that something bad was going on outside,” said Fire Capt. Mike Pruitt. Unbeknownst to him, it was merely a case of a raccoon being exposed to too much weed.

“They could tell that the raccoon was lethargic and met all of those symptoms that we typically run into when someone’s been exposed to marijuana,” said Pruitt. “It really left the guys scratching their heads that someone bought a raccoon to the firehouse at 2 a.m. seeking help, and especially with the condition the animal was in, so we hope that the raccoon made a full recovery.”

As you'll see below, the Wayne Township Fire Department, as well as people online, had some pretty entertaining reactions to the High Raccoon Fiasco of 2018. Enjoy, and keep your pets safe: