A wine store worker in New York City suffered third-degree burns after his e-cigarette exploded in his pants Wednesday morning, and the incident was caught on video. Earlier this month a similarly scary explosion video showed the moment when a French nightclub owner’s e-cigarette exploded in his pocket. According to the U.S. Fire Administration over two dozen e-cigarette explosions and fires have been reported from 2009 to 2014.

According to CBS News, Otis Gooding, a 31-year-old from Queens, was behind the counter of the Grand Central wine shop Central Cellars at the time of the explosion. Gooding’s Attorney Sanford Rubenstein said Gooding is waiting for multiple surgeries at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. “He’s awaiting surgery on Tuesday, a graft surgery for an injury to his right leg; the burn,” Rubenstein said. “But more seriously, he’s very worried about his right hand, because that was severely burned, and he’s concerned with the use of his right hand.”

Gooding reportedly can’t remember the store where he bought the e-cigarette, so for now his attorney is trying to find out who made the e-cigarette. The Fire Department of NY has what’s left of the burnt e-cigarette and its battery as of Thursday.

One of Gooding’s co-workers John Lee told CNN the e-cigarette had been customized. "I've never seen one that has so much power, it's aftermarket customized so you can change the voltage for high performances," Lee said.

“It’s really nerve-wracking for me because of the pain he’s going through,” Gooding’s brother Joshua Barker said. “I’m wondering what I can do to help him.”