Another day, another exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Just days after a Florida man made headlines when his "beloved jeep" was reportedly destroyed by an exploding Note 7, a 6-year-old boy in Brooklyn was injured when the recently recalled phone caught fire while he was watching videos.
"The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded," Linda Lewis, the boy's grandmother, told the New York Post. "It set off alarms in my house." The family promptly called 911 when the explosion took place Saturday night, at which point the young child was "rushed" to a nearby hospital with burns.
"He is home now," Lewis told the Post Sunday. "He doesn't want to see or go near any phones. He's been crying to his mother." The family has since been in touch with Samsung, though the extent of that contact has not been revealed.
Last week, a Florida man told FOX 13 that an exploding Note 7 torched and ultimately totaled his "beloved" Jeep Grand Cherokee. "That's the last thought in my head is that a brand new device, something as simple as a phone, is going to burn down my car or house or hurt a family member," Nathan Dornacher, who left his phone charging inside the vehicle prior to the alleged explosion, told reporters Wednesday.
Following its initial announcement of a worldwide recall on all Note 7 devices, Samsung issued a follow-up statement urging users to "immediately participate" in the company's replacement program. "We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note 7s and exchange them as soon as possible," DJ Koh, Samsung’s President of Mobile Communications Business, said Saturday. "We are expediting replacement devices so that they can be provided through the exchange program as conveniently as possible and in compliance with related regulations."
Own a Note 7 yourself and are worried about what to do next? Maybe peep this, like, right now.