Oh NeoGAF, you're by far one of our favorite shady, Internet realms.
A user on NeoGaf, going by Ntkrnl, has unleashed a massive heap of supposed plans for the Xbox One for both 2014 and 2015.
This should all be taken with an obvious grain of salt, but some of these are very, very specific in terms of release dates and console details. The most eye-catching is a the rumor behind a disc-free Xbox One alongside a white colored XB1 console.
Read on for the details and caveat emptor:
- Forza Horizon: Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
- Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
- Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
- Multiplayer confirmed for Halo 2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
- Fable Legends is Summer 2015
- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
- Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
- First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
- No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
And the juiciest bit, " $399 XB1 this year? Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive." The anonymous forum poster should be given some stretch of credibility as The Verge has obtained a leaked image of a mock up off a limited edition Titanfall Xbox One Console.
A white Xbox One? A discounted version minus an optical disk drive? Release dates for both Sunset Overdrive and Halo 2?
Seems like whomever Ntkrnl may be, they have an inside track on Microsoft scheduling and hardware details for the Xbox One. Watch this space for developments.