Bethesda had a bit of fun at DICE 2012 yesterday by showing off some of the Skyrim additions they came up with during their annual internal "Game Jam," when their various employees are cut loose and allowed to experiment for week. The results are tantalizing, to say the least.
Highlights included dragon-riding, voice command shouts (through Kinect), giant enemy (mud)crabs, "water arrows" for even stealthier sniping, building homes from scratch, and combining different magics to form new attacks.
According to Game Director Todd Howard, some of it might even turn into DLC: "How much of this stuff sees the light of day?" he asked. "To be determined. Could it be in a future DLC? We don't know. Could various parts of it just be released for free? We don't know."
Check out the full list (which we have shamelessly copy+pasted from Joystiq):
- Seasonal foliage
- Flow-based water shader
- Kill cams for ranged combat and magic
- New stealth options like water arrows and assassinations
- Guards relight areas
- Paralysis runes
- Moving platforms and hanging structures in dungeons
- Water current in dungeons
- Dark dungeons
- New companion options (switching combat stylse, getting them to train and craft for you)
- List favorite followers in the game's menu
- Build your own home from scratch
- Adopt children
- Combine magic to create new attacks
- Goblin enemies
- 'Way Gate' fast travel
- Epic mounts like a flaming horse
- Mounted combat on horses
- Dragon mounts
- 'Soul bug' familiar
- Kinect-enabled 'shouts'
- Enhanced water effects
- Footprints in the snow
- Better animations for fabrics
- Varied enemies, like fat giants
- Ice and fire arrows
- Werewolf-specific skill tree
- Become a flying Vampire Lord
- New Vampire imp minions
- New Mudcrab animations
- Giant Mudcrab enemy
Can you think of anything else you'd like to see added to Skyrim? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter.