Another day, another dollar, and Mark Zuckerberg's wallet isn't getting smaller.
The Facebook CEO's net worth has all but doubled in the past year, bringing his net worth up from $9 billion to an absurd $19 billion, according to Forbes' new list of the 400 richest Americans. This new net worth places Zuckerberg, 29, at number 20â€”up 16 spots from number 36 on last year's list. Zuck had the biggest increase in net worth than any one else on the list, and its directly connected to Facebook's stock, which has fluctuated from $17.55 at its lowest point, to $45 at its highest, just last week. But The Bloomberg Billionaires Index estimated that Zuck may be worth even more money, with their estimates coming in at $21.7 billion.
Tech industry leaders made up a good amount of the top 50 richest Americans, with a familiar face still at the top spot:
- Bill Gates: No. 1, $72 billion
- Larry Ellison: No. 3, $41 billion
- Jeff Bezos: No. 12 , $27.1 billion
- Larry Page: No. 13, $24.9 billion
- Sergey Brin: No. 14, $24.4 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg: No. 20, $19 billion
- Steve Ballmer: No. 21, $18 billion
- Michael Dell: No. 25, $15.9 billion
- Paul Allen: No. 26, $15.8 billion
- Charles Ergen: No. 32, $12.5 billion