25. Rounded Corner Frame
Back in the days of film, some labs would print photographs and round off the corners of the frames. This effect can also be used for any other shape.
- Duplicate the background (image) layer.
- Select the background layer and fill (Edit > Fill...) with white (or black or whatever color you want to appear as the frame for the image).
- Select the Shape tool on the Toolbar. Right click on it to select different shapes. For example’s sake, select the rounded corner rectangle tool. Set the Radius to 30px.
- Draw your frame over the image. Move it with the Move tool.
- Drag the duplicated image layer over the shape layer in the Layers palette. Alt+click on the image layer to create a clipping mask and apply the frame.