Located in Chicago’s Washington Park this sculpture is believed to be one of the first of its kind, entirely made out of concrete, and was completed as a fountain by Lorado Taft in 1920. It was expressly commissioned to beautify the park’s midway pleasance and depicts Father Time with a scythe presiding over humanity at various stages of life. The sculpture commemorated 100 years of peace between the United States and England, arising out of the 1814 Treaty of Ghent.