Apart from turning up with reckless abandon, you most likely haven't made plans for New Year's. That's fine; neither have we. One of your foolish friends will most likely end up offering their spot for a random function by 11:15 p.m., anyway.
But your fit for the evening of December 31 is a different story entirely - this shit requires a bit of planning. You wouldn't want to be caught wearing the same getup as some schlub you've seen on Tumblr, nor should you over/underdress for whatever event you've decided to attend.
Compiled above is a list of stuff that can easily be worn in a range of environments - whether you're throwing back Fireball shots at an apartment, trying to get the attention of the overworked bartender by waving around your cash, or headed for a party to which you bought tickets weeks in advance (a rare minority, but they are out there), the pieces shown here will produce a look you won't mind wearing to usher in 2014.
All links to purchase items here:
1. Carson Street Clothiers x Mother Freedom waxed cotton down vest
2. Ourcaste Collin jacket
3. Etudes archives black snow pants
4. Han Kjobenhavn sweat chino in indigo
5. Acne Ace Chalk pants in grey
6. ONLY NY empire beanie
7. Ami suede zipped jacket (sweet alternative to nylon bombers).
8. Joyrich tribal big tee
9. Kenzo white marled button-fly shirt
10. Patrik Ervell snap work shirt
11. Saint Laurent navy leather-trimmed backpack (to hold all those bottles you're toting around. We know you're not exclusively sipping at the bar).