The Big Duck
Location: Flanders, NY
The Big Duck, located on eastern Long Island near the Hamptons, was built in 1931 to serve an appropriate purpose of being a shop for selling ducks and eggs. Originally constructed by a duck farmer, the 20-foot tall, 30-foot long Duck was once relocated then moved back to its original location. Though at the time of its creation both the animal and food may have lead to the same imagery, today, animal rights advocates might find that the Duck was being exploited.