Just this morning, British designer Kim Jones, took to his Twitter account to announce that he has been appointed the new men's style director at Louis Vuitton saying, "first day at work as directeur du style pret a porter homme at LOUIS VUITTON!" Jones has been under the radar lately since he left Dunhill a few seasons ago. The news broke and the fashion world went H.A.M. It will be amazing to see what he will bring to LV, since his designs have always been edgy with a touch of modern refinement. He will definitely breathe new air into the line and usher in a new era for the brand. So without further ado, check out 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Jones...
- Kim has contributed both as stylist and art director for magazines including Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme +, Another Magazine, The New York Times T Style magazine, 10 Men, V Man, i-D magazine, Numero Homme and Fantastic Man.
- He has won the British Fashion Council's Menswear Designer Of The Year Award in 2006 and 2009.
- Mr. Jones has been nomintated for GQ Man Of the Year THREE TIMES!
- Not only is he a fashion wizard, but he has also worked on film projects with Alasdair McLellen and Toyin, and has even published books with American art photographer Luke Smalley.
- Before taking his position as creative director at Alfred Dunhill in 2008, Kim designed his own sportwear line, Umbro by Kim Jones, for over nine seasons, which included its own casual sneaker line.